U.S. Government Disability Services – an official website of the United States Government that provides information for people with disabilities.
- Benefits and Insurance for People with Disabilities Find information about health care including Medicare and Medicaid. Learn about workplace disability insurance, compensation and benefits for disabled veterans and Social Security Benefits for people with disabilities. usa.gov/disability-benefits-insurance
- Caregiver Support Get tips and information to help you care for yourself or your loved one with special medical needs, including programs for family members of veterans and people with disabilities to get paid to provide care. usa.gov/disability-caregiver
- Financial Assistance and Support Services for People with Disabilities Explore a wide range of programs and tools to help with Housing, Taxes, Medical Bills, Service and Emotional Support Animals and more. usa.gov/disability-financial-support
- Find Government and Local Disability Programs and Services Learn how government programs and services can help you with daily life. usa.gov/disability-programs
- Jobs and Education for People with Disabilities Learn about employment resources on how to find a government job and prepare for a job interview. Search educational programs for students with disabilities. usa.gov/disability-jobs-education
- Your Legal Disability Rights Learn about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which protects people’s rights regarding employment, public accommodations, state and local government services, and more. use.gov/disability-rights
Independence Northwest a resource center for disability advocacy and support services in northwestern Connecticut.
Town of New Milford Social Services Department offers resources and programs to enhance the well-being and sustainability of New Milford residents experiencing financial hardship by addressing basic needs including food and household self-sufficiency.